Saturday, September 14, 2013

12 FAVORITE SKITS FROM THE PILOT EPISODE OF SNL (PART 2)

It's Saturday Night and now it's time for part 2!

NUMBER 9

THE LAND OF GORCH (THE MUPPETS)


Not to long ago, I did a list of my "Top 9 Favorites Skits From The Pilot Episodes Of The Muppet Show". I pointed out that the Muppets were originally intended for adults which had a few sketches that proved my fact, well who would think that the Muppets would be for adults on SNL as well. The skit is about an alien swampy wasteland ruled by the oafish King Ploobis and he has a right hand man named Scred, an ugly Queen, a beautiful servant named Vazh and a God called the Mighty Favog. While the skit wasn't all that funny, it still had fun characters, adult humor that I couldn't believe that the Muppets did, a creative idea and great Muppetry. I understand that there's a whole series of these skits in the first season, so who knows maybe they'll be funnier. I guess the main appreciation (Aside from everything I said) goes to the fact that the adult Muppets got to be in the first episode of the show because when you have the Muppets as part of your cast, there's no going wrong.

NUMBER 8

ALBERT BROOKS'S SHORT FILM "THE IMPOSSIBLE TRUTH"

 

Albert Brooks is a comic legend with his humor, comedic acting, clever writing and even directing a few films. In this skit, he writes and Directs a mockumentary film that spoofs Newsreels called "The Impossible Truth". With Albert behind the camera and interviewing people off screen we see things that are very outrageous. I won't point them all out but the ones that make me laugh the hardest is the temporally Cab Driver and a guy legally dating a 7 year old girl (It's sick but Brooks knows how to make that sick scenario funny). There are other many others in the skit but I prefer not to give them away. Much like putting the Muppets in the first episode of the show, I'm pleased they put a short film directed by Albert Brooks on the show as well.

NUMBER 7

VICTIMS OF SHARK BITES


I'm not going to go into to much detail about this skit but all I'm going to say is, John Belushi has a hidden secret behind his shark wounds.

NUMBER 6

HOME SECURITIES
(NO IMAGE AVAILABLE)

This skit stars John Belushi and Gilda Radner as a couple living at home when all of a sudden two security agents played Dan Akyrod and Garrett Morris burst in, start simulating a break in and talk the two into buying into their program of security filled with strange and unusual methods. Seeing Belushi and Radner as a couple is cute and funny at the same time and Akyrod and Morris make a great comedy team as these two unpredictable security agents. On to of it, I love every twist it throws at me epically when listening to their crazy dialogue. There's also a really clever twist to this duo at the end that I won't spoil for you. The question is do these two guys really want to help this couple or are they legitimate and professional robbers? Well, you be the judge!


TUNE IN NEXT WEEK FOR THE TOP 5

No comments:

Post a Comment